Tuesday 5 February 2008

Nordic knitting

Last month I started with the course Norwegian knitting.
First thing I did learn was one handed long tail cast on. Then we started with continental knitting in one color. Being a thrower, it took a wile to get used to. In the week between classes I knitted a little hat this way.

The pattern is from the internet.
It was for my daughter, but is't to small, so I allready started on a new one.

The second lesson was on knitting continental with two colors in one hand. For most people this would be the left hand. But I knit lefthanded, so my stitches go from right to left and the yarn is on my right hand. I mastered the continental knitting quite nicely in the week between the lessons, but now have a hard time getting good tension for the second color. When I weave it between my fingers it's to tight, but I just can't master keeping tension with the yarn between the knitting and my fingers.

My needles are also to thin. I'll order a 4mm circ and then I will rip it all and start all over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.