Friday 17 April 2009

Finally done: Kashmir

A year ago I started my Kashmir sweater. After a long summer stop I picked up knitting on it during autum. And beginning December I finally had enough length to lay the bottom flat and to measure. A day later I had this:


It was to smal. I could have knitted on, hoping one day I would fit the sweater, but was afraid I would lose faith in the project. So I ripped it, steamed my yarn, bought bigger needles and casted on a few extra stitches and started all over again.
Beginning of February I was back at the point where I had ripped it all and this time it was ok.

Half March the body was done:


Beginning of April the sleeves were knitted and the steeks sewn and cut.


The pattern has a rolled hem at the neck line, which I do not like. So I used this way of making it look like the bottom and sleeve hems.

And now it's done. Finally.



3 comments:

beppe vertelt said...

perfect.

Yolanda said...

Mooie trui! Knap hoor. Die wanten met doodskopjes zijn trouwens ook erg grappig.

Yolanda said...

Oh, ik zie dat mijn foto erbij komt, even uitleggen: is de mozaïekbank van Gaudí in Park Guëll. Ben bezig met een waterbak hier in Spanje.